I had the pleasure of chatting with Chris Parker, the new Executive Director of the NJCAA, who started in July of this year. Listen to Chris here.
Chris brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to his position. We covered many leadership topics from both a personal and professional standpoint.
He lives by a listen-first mindset to really connect and understand people. He surrounds himself with great leaders to better inform him, and help drive forward the NJCAA mission of promoting two-year college athletics.
Chris had some very interesting insights:
- What inspired him to take this position and “why” he’s doing what he’s doing
- How he manages personal and professional lives with such a demanding travel schedule
- What roles do athletics play at two-year colleges
- How transparency permeates everything they do
- The importance of the coach as a leader for student-athlete growth
- How his “town hall” initiatives support education and understanding of the “face” of the NJCAA
- What are his challenges and opportunities
Take a moment to get acquainted with Chris. It’s an exciting time at the NJCAA, where athletics, education and leadership converge.